Saturday, May 28, 2011

WISDOM FROM OPRAH

Such an inspirational and motivational women ~ Oprah! As I watched Oprah’s last show, I was impressed at the huge difference she has made in individuals around the world. What impressed me more is that she is so “real”.
I grabbed my journal and here are the notes I took – hope they inspire and motivate YOU!

“This is what I was called to do.”
• Your calling lights you up and lets you know you’re doing exactly what you’re meant to do.
• What sparks the life in you?
• Each of us has our own platform.
• Every day we let our life speak for us. We have the power to change someone’s life.
• Use your passion to serve others.
• Nobody but you is responsible for your life.
• You’re responsible for the energy you create for yourself and the energy you bring to others.
• “Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space.”
• There’s a common thread that runs through all our pain – the feeling of unworthiness.
• We block our own blessings because we don’t feel worthy enough.
• Me being alive makes worthiness my birthright.
• We all want validation.
o “Do you see me?”
o “Do you hear me?”
o “Does what I say mean anything to you?”
• Validate others: “What you say matters to me.”
• Her 4th grade teacher made her feel like she mattered.
• What are the whispers in your life?
• What is speaking to you and will you hear it?
• “I hope you will be a safe harbour for someone else.”
• “Gratitude is the single greatest treasure I will take away from this experience.”
• “To God be the Glory!”

2 comments:

Annette Stanwick said...

Thank you for sharing these notes, Betty. I watched her final show and loved everything she said, but was so mesmerized I didn't write down one word-and that's unusual for me.

She has touched people in their lives, their hearts, their homes and in their relationships. Her generosity and inspiration will live on for generations to come by those who've received an education, who've learned to value themselves and others and who've learned that forgiveness can truly heal what hurts.

Betty said...

Thanks Annette. I think she's going to continue to touch lives when they start re-runs - 25 years' worth! What an amazing woman, eh? And yet she seems like "the girl next door".