Sunday, January 2, 2011

LOOKING AHEAD

For Christmas I received two prints for my office wall – one from each of my daughters. One says, “Keep Calm and Carry On” and the other one, “Live What You Love”. They are both red! I love red – I think it’s my favourite colour – it’s so vibrant and full of energy and life!
A friend came for lunch last Friday and gave me two little books and a Jim Rohn sampler CD. I couldn’t have been more excited! The books are: SUCCESS – Quotes for Achievers and The Treasury of Quotes, both by Jim Rohn. When I told her that I heard Jim Rohn speak in person, she couldn’t believe it! She is an obvious fan of his. (http://www.jimrohn.com/)

It didn’t take me long to read through the booklets – so motivational.
On one of the pages, this quote caught my attention:
With the beginning of a new year, it’s a good time to really think about that quote. Am I going to leave my future in someone else’s hands, or am I going to make plans for a future that I want?
Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.

We’ve all heard this proverb:
Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened.


What are your goals for 2011? What do you want to celebrate at the end of this year?

I have a list of questions which will help me reflect on 2010, and think about the year ahead. I received them from another coach and am looking forward to taking some time today to reflect, set goals and plan for my future. If you email me (bettygood@shaw.ca) I’ll send you a copy. (I couldn’t figure out a way to attach them to my blog post.)

I wish for you a wonderful and happy New Year!

Please feel free to share your goals and reflections with me and others by leaving a comment.


What are my goals for 2011? What do I want to celebrate at the end of this year?

5 comments:

cheryl lynn said...

Betty - you know I love quotes. You have passed many my way and these are further examples of the way you pass on inspiration. THANKS!

All the best to you in 2011!

Betty said...

Cheryl - thanks for those booklets! Yes, we do love quotes - they are so inspirational! One of my clients has me send her a quote every day - to stay motivated.

Roni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roni said...

I'm going to those questions now. As much as I love just 'being' in the moment, I do love 'Looking Ahead" too. :-)

Betty said...

Hey Roni,
Let me know how you make out with the questions. ...and answers!